Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Toe

Poor Jenna....not known for her grace! On Tuesday night, sitting at the kitchen bar, she reached for a toy way too far away, and tipped the chair, and herself. The chair fell on her pinky toe, smashing it on the tile.
I took her to urgent care yesterday for an x-ray, and the pinky toe is broken. That's actually the good news, b/c we just tape it for a few weeks, and she can swim, bathe, etc.
Then the doc says, "Normally I wouldn't see an ortho for a broken toe, but it's twisted out just a little, so you might want to see one, b/c sometimes the have to pin these."
Pin the pinky toe on a 7 year old?!?!? Are you kidding?
Here's the best part: Exactly 2 weeks ago today, I saw my ortho for the last time and said, "It's been great...may we never meet again!"
As it turns out, he doesn't accept my health insurance, so we can't go there...may not go at all...am I a bad parent for that?

No comments: