Friday, July 3, 2009

Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's RODEO!

Saturday night, we went to a rodeo with the kids. They asked, "What's a rodeo?" and I said, "Don't tell Grandpa you asked me that...."

We were a little early for the rodeo, so we ate at Jake's Ribs (whatever image you have in your head right now is probably correct..), then went to the park. Jenna took this photo:



They rode a horse, chased calves in the arena, and contemplated whether or not Wyatt is ready for Mutton Busting. (Wyatt and I think yes...Aaron was shocked that I would let Wyatt do something dangerous, for once. I told him falling off a sheep in a dirt arena is not dangerous....)





Aaron was a complete Tour-On (that's a combo between a tourist and a moron...) and videoed every moment, included the bareback riding event.
As we were leaving, Wyatt said, "Dad, when we get home, can we play bucking bull and you be the bull?" Ahhhh, a new sport for Aaron.

Postlude: On Sunday morning while I was out running, a game of Bucking Bull did ensue in the living room. Guess who got hurt? Not the cowgirl or cowboy....the bull. But that's another post altogether.

No comments: