Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sweet freedom

Yeah! after 5 weeks in a cast, i got it cut off today, under Wyatt's watchful eye. You'll be happy to know I'm not including a photo of my hand and arm....
I just got released from Physical Therapy for my neck and ribs last week, (i spent every mother's day out day there for 5 weeks), and will now go back next week for some hand therapy. Can't wait.
The good news is that i can type better, but still not with my little sad pinky. The better news is that I can WASH MY HANDS.
I can also stop making up stories about why i have a cast....the truth got a little old after the 1000th time, so I started to 'embelish' some. I'm sure you are all shocked to hear that...
I flew to atlanta last week for a Junior League Leadership conference, and found that airport security takes casts pretty seriously. I was hoping for a free xray to check on my progress, but only got swabbed for drugs and explosives.
Oh, and this odd note: At said conference, there was also a gathering of 3000 archeologists. It was plainly obvious who was with which conference....

No comments: