Thursday, April 16, 2009

Comuppance

Just so you all know, my runaway mouth has been securley bequeathed to my children.
Last nite, my Bible study group was leaving my house, and Wyatt was helping me shut the door. As the last fellow left, Wyatt said, "Hey!" and my friend turned to look, "He looks fat!" said Wyatt in his loudest voice, as i slam the door quickly.
(This, from the kid who was too sick to get off the couch until three p.m. Thanks to a hearty dose of Motrin, he was jumping on the couch by six p.m.)
All this reminded me of a story from Jenna's 3rd year of life, that I will now share to further my humiliation.
She and I were in a packed elevator at Childrens Hospital, and there was a man with a tiny baby with a very large hemangioma on the side of her nose. The whole way down, I was talking to Jenna, hoping to distract her. When the doors opened,I breathed a sigh of relief as everyone began to file out. But they were all within earshot when Jenna exclaimed brightly, "That baby had a great, big red nose!"
I heard someone behind me gasp (as if I trained Jenna to say these things), but the father said nothing. He looked to be of foreign descent, so I console myself by saying that his English wasn't so great...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I was there last night!! I miss you all!