Friday, May 16, 2008

Potty Adventures

We started potty training Wyatt in March, and I'm happy to report we've pretty much made it! It was so much easier this time, thank goodness. It has not, however, been without some stories.
I have learned that boys like to take their time doing their business. First, when we were in South Dakota at lunch with the family in a restaurant, I took Wyatt to the bathroom, and we chatted while he was working. Finally he said, "Can you get me a newspaper?" (Apparently, it's bred into them....) Then just a few weeks ago here at the house, Aaron was monitoring his progress, and Wyatt, getting his prayer time mixed up with potty time said, "This is taking forever and ever, Amen!"
On Wednesday when I picked him up from Mother's Day Out, he proudly told me that he went potty "without using my hands at all!" I wonder how long before his teachers found the puddle beside the toilet b/c I have found that boys tend to pee where they look, so if he's at all distracted from his target, it's a disaster!
School gets out on Wed, and Jenna can't wait. (Like half-day kindergarten has been so rough!) I asked her what she wants to do for the summer, thinking I could start her on goal-setting (!), and she said, "Paint." At least she's simple....................

No comments: