Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School

Rememeber when school used to start in the Fall? I don't think we have any business starting school in August, on any day that ends in "-teenth."

But here we sit:


This year, I forced her to hug me b/c I'm still in therapy about last year (see last year's blog post about first day of school). She did, then found all her friends from last year.

In true Curry spirit, she already got a warning about talking too much to her friends when she was supposed to be learning. (Some of you may remember that, in kindergarten, this unique trait granted her a month in Mrs. Schall's "special desk"....the one right beside the teacher's desk, far from other students.)

I got to chat with her teacher for a long while at back -to-school night b/c we were so late getting there. (Due to much debate over the outfit displayed in the previous post...)

As luck would have it, she and I had some mutual friends in college. She was the high school debate partner of one of my college speech teammates. Guess who will be winning most of the arguments in the classroom this year? :-)

No comments: